Advertisement

Crazy looking fly to mimic a huge grasshopper! - hopper fly - McFly Angler Dry Fly Tying Tutorials

Crazy looking fly to mimic a huge grasshopper! - hopper fly - McFly Angler Dry Fly Tying Tutorials Hopefully you guys saw my video on the large “Texas sized” grasshopper. This hopper was created for bass and is a very large hopper pattern. My first video on this fly was a popular video gaining many views quickly, however I’ve improved on this fly, so I want to share with you the new and improved version now. I added a foam wing case and used bucktail instead of elk hair to make the underwing longer. I also added some red rubber legs to mimic the red in the flies legs. This hopper pattern is going to do amazing here in south Texas catching the large and aggressive bass. There aren't many dry flies specifically able to target bass out there, other than say a popper. And I really do think this will end up being one of my go to bass flies. It floats so well, that I can drop a streamer under it with some light split shot. It really is almost unsinkable.

Don’t forget to check out Risen fly rods gear! They have fly tying equipment and also rods, reels and line. They even have bags and accessories! All can be had at a discount by typing in McFly at checkout. You will get an extra 15% off! Go to www.risenfly.com

Also go pick up some of my merchandise, not only will you get awesome gear, but you will be helping to support my channel, and keep me making videos.

Here is a list of all the materials I used on this fly, and links to where you can purchase them.
Hook : Risen streamer 300 size 6 -
Thread : Veevus 140 in brown -
Hook wrap : Gold chenille -
Body : 2mm foam in gold and brown -
Legs : Jig skirt replacements -
Flash : Gold krystal flash -
Wing : Bleached elk hair -
Adhesive : Brush on superglue -
Marker : Brown sharpie -

dry fly,hopper,hopper fly,grasshopper,grass hopper,grass hopper fly,tying a grasshopper,large grasshopper,large dry fly,bass fly,bass hopper,texas hopper,texas grasshopper,locust,tying flies,fly tying,topwater bass fly,terrestrial,terrestrial fly,terrestrial dry,tying a terrestrial,

Post a Comment

0 Comments