Advertisement

How to Assemble Crochet and Fabric Pillow Covers

How to Assemble Crochet and Fabric Pillow Covers Hey Crafters! Here is the follow-up video to my crochet Christmas Tree graph video ( where I show how to take your crochet graph and turn it into a pillow cover! These are super festive, will look great season after season, and are easy to store the rest of the year since it's just a pillow cover.

One thing I forgot to mention in this video is why I chose to go with a fabric back instead of crocheting a backing. Really, it's just a matter of preference, but I didn't want to crochet a back for a few main reasons:
1) Time. While prepping and sewing on the backs is only a little faster than the amount of time it would take me to make and attach a crochet back, my mom helped me assemble these and she doesn't crochet. So for me, this went a lot faster since I could enlist additional help.
2) Money. The fabric is WAY cheaper for the amount of coverage than buying a skein of yarn. These are fairly large size pillows, and single crochet tends to eat through a lot of yarn. For $13 of fabric, I was able to assemble 8 pillows. If I crocheted the backs (which remember, they're even bigger than the pillow itself so they can be removable because of the overlap!), let's conservatively say that would be 6 more skeins of yarn. At $5 a skein, that's $30 bucks just for the backs! So for me, the fabric back was a no brainer, price-wise.
3) Hand pain. When I single crochet, I tend to tense up a lot because it is a small, repetitive motion (plus, I find this stitch uber tedious ;) lol). After crocheting the fronts, my hands were hurting. I didn't want to put additional strain on my hands, so I figured fabric backs would save me some (as in several thousand!) single crochet stitches.

So those are my reasons for using a fabric back, but of course you can make your pillows however you want!

Crochet Graph Patterns & Inspiration:
-Oh Another Craftyish Blog - Red Truck w/ Tree -
-Two Little Birds Patterns - Buffalo Plaid Trees -
-Briana K Desings - Joy -
-Love Crafts - Cozy Christmas Cushion/Present Boxes -

Filmed with:
Canon Rebel T7i -
Canon 10-18 STM Lens-
BOYA Lavalier Mic-

Blog: www.craftersautonomous.com
Facebook: Crafters Autonomous
Pinterest: Crafters Autonomous
Instagram: Crafters_Autonomous
Twitter: @CraftersAutono1
(As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Your purchases help me keep doing what I love: teaching the world to DIY!)

If you enjoyed this video, subscribe for more awesome content!

diy,how to,craft,crafting,how to make,crochet pillows,crochet pillow case,crochet pillow cover,fabric pillows,fabric pillow case,fabric pillow cover,crochet and fabric pillow,crochet and fabric pillow case,crochet and fabric pillow cover,how to crochet a pillow,how to crochet,how to crochet a pillow cover,sew with crochet,how to sew with crochet,christmas diy,crafters autonomous,christmas,christmas 2019,crochet & fabric pillow covers,crochet,

Post a Comment

0 Comments