Advertisement

Quest for heat insulating material. pt 1

Quest for heat insulating material. pt 1 Turns out, I have to do much more reading and educating myself in this area. Who would have thought...
But for I present you gypsum based thermal insulation. It's weak, doesn't hold up to high temperatures
But performs quite well - 10mm layer dropped about 200°C to wood then to air pocket and than to ambient. Though longer run may crush my dreams a bit more. Had I some ventilation, I would definitely found out.

Anyway, even failed experiment is data point...

I would like to test 15mm layer gypsum, to get more baseline readings
Than glass fiber bag filled with TiO2 or other powders would be nice.
And finally I would have to get me some glass and rock wool to see how they perform.
I could try also charcoal, or maybe even charred bread, could do collab with Cody huh? lel
If you got any idea what should I try, let me know - limit is 15mm thickness

material.

Post a Comment

0 Comments