Advertisement

I bought a thread advent calendar | December vlog

I bought a thread advent calendar | December vlog Hello everyone and welcome to a new video!

So this Christmas I decided to treat myself and I bought this thread advent calendar. I heard about it on Instagram and this is how I found DeVere Yarns, a UK based embroidery thread company. Here is their link in case anyone is interested:

(This is not sponsored or anything, just thought it was something fun to talk about). I bought their advent calendar, which they offer in a mix of different kinds of threads. I chose the silk, wool and cotton mix. From what I understand, each calendar is individually packed, so it is likely that they all end up with different colours and types of thread (this also includes different thickness of threads).

I also grabbed two of their random packs, which I found very good value for money. A quick update from the video, I have now actually used the threads too! I didn't have any sewing thread to match some trims I was applying to a new project, so I used two silk threads of different thickness, one from the advent calendar (Eggshell) and one from the grab bag (All Spice). They're both pure silk and size 6. I really enjoyed them, the quality if great and the colours were stunning. They were so delicate that the stitches were near invisible on the trim. All in all, a great experience!

Music from EpidemicSound.

If you are interested in seeing some more of my work, here are some links:

Instagram: @katisinthebag

Blog:
Facebook:
Ko-fi:

sewing,sew,costume,historical,advent calendar,

Post a Comment

0 Comments