Advertisement

How I Discovered the Abandoned Cat Lady House | Story of the Burlington Cat Lady House

How I Discovered the Abandoned Cat Lady House | Story of the Burlington Cat Lady House The abandoned cat lady house in Ontario that was originally discovered by me in the summer of 2012, it would come to be one of the most sought after abandoned homes in the province.

See the whole story and photo galleries here:


Watch TikiTrex's Video here:


Support my Patreon -

Buy Prints:


Buy a Freaktography T-Shirt:


Finding an abandoned home like this Abandoned Cat Lady House is mostly luck, mixed with knowing where to look and most importantly knowing what signs to look for. Many of the abandoned houses I’ve found looked abandoned. There are those that you just aren’t sure about though…take the crazy cat lady house for example. Like most urban explorers do, we’re always looking for the obvious signs

-overgrown grass
-broken windows
-boarded windows
-no mailbox/mailbox stuffed with newspapers and phonebooks.
-etc

Driving home on a summer night I saw a property with a very faded sign with the painted name of the farm barely visible. Beyond that sign was a slightly overgrown lawn that showed some signs of maintenance. There were rows of pear trees and a car parked in the driveway. The Abandoned Cat Lady House was set far back from the road almost totally out of sight.

I pulled in acting like I made a wrong turn, in-case someone was actually there. First thing I noticed was a chain across the front door and overgrown weeds on the long steps leading up. The inside French doors were open and part of the ceiling tiles had collapsed from water damage..but I still was a little unsure of whether this is abandoned or not.

After circling the entire house in the surrounding sun room I made my way inside the house, I was immediately overcome by the smell of cat…..cat pee, cat feces, cat litter…cat death.

Then, I realized it’s not only cat smells all around me, it’s also cat stuff….

The next thing that I could not avoid was the wallpaper…awful, awful wallpaper in every room…

Upon further exploration of the Abandoned Cat Lady House , the many rooms and the two floors, you get a strong sense of sadness and loneliness, it’s very hard in an abandonment like this one to not draw your own conclusions of what happened. There are so many personal items all over the house, not claimed by any family members….just left

Two of the most heart breaking things that I found in this house were a cane, resting against the couch….as though that’s where it was left when the owner passed away, alone in the living room…

The other, was a card written to a father by his daughter who has moved away to Germany, she talks about keeping up his daily walks and to not smoke so much…

After my first visit I had invited a few trusted explorers to see the place, and not long after that the scrappers made their way there. The copper pipes had been pulled from the walls, the brass light fixtures gone, the kitchen and living room looted.

I have been two times since and this place has become a popular spot among local urban explorers, regardless of the looting, scrapping and the fact that nothing is as it was what I found it, it still attracts visitors and every shot I see from another explorer is another reminder of how sad it felt on that first visit.



Update to this story in 2015: This house has been destroyed, looted and tagged to the point that this home is no longer unique or remarkable.

A number of so called explorers have published videos of this house and stupidly published the address and even the name of the woman who lived here.

It is now one of the easiest abandoned homes to find in the area, thanks to a handful of people with no care or regard for preservation.

This house is one example of why I am so careful with who I share information with, and what information I provide when I publish images and stories.

Destruction and looting is inevitable, but anything I can to to hold that off, I will gladly do.

Update to this story February 2016: On the night of February 1st/early morning February 2nd this house was burned to the ground and completely destroyed. The news reports are all saying the fire investigators suspect this was an arson

Support my Patreon -

Be sure to subscribe and to follow all of my other social media platforms






Buy Prints:


Buy a Freaktography T-Shirt:

Story of the Burlington Cat Lady House,Burlington Cat Lady House,abandoned cat lady house,freaktography,cat lady,abandoned cat lover's house,freaktography youtube,abandoned house,abandoned cats,abandoned,cat lovers,cats,cat skeleton,mystery,Burlington,Ontario,Canada,cat,TikiTrex,Tiki,urban exploration,urban exploring,urban explorer,vandalized,vandals,deteriorating,abandon,dead animal,deceased,death,rotten,kitties,cat house,Toronto,ASMR,explore,exploration,exploring,

Post a Comment

0 Comments